With the appropriate array of skills and techniques, you can impact the decision and avoid irrelevance!
Communication – Make sure your communications are always…
Transparency – Never hide a dead fish in your desk…they do not age well. The same goes for project problems!
- Red Is Real. Report reality, not a forecast that can only come to pass if the stars and moon align and Sean Connery joins the team…
- Never Let the Boss Be Surprised – Executives *hate* when problems are beyond their ability to impact outcomes before they learn about them.
- Know Who You Are Talking To! Talking to Executives = stay out of the weeds. You have ten seconds to get an executive’s attention. Fail, and you are now irrelevant.
Calm Demeanor – Never let them see you sweat!
- Problem – Problems happen. Deal with them calmly.
- Rational Approach – Over-reactions are *always* a bad idea.
- Positive Outcome – Work towards the most positive outcome possible.
Think It Forward with effect Risk Management!
- Lessons Learned
- Don’t know the answer? – It’s called Google….look it up
Be a Good Planner! – See the plan…the WHOLE plan!
- Facilitate discussions that uncover all the work
- Educate the team on how to plan and track and report
- Integrate with other plans that have interdependencies with yours!
- No Plan survives contact with reality…keep up with the changes!
Problems? Act Responsibly! – How you react to a problem is more important than whether a problem occurs!
- Resolve both Cause and Symptom
- Track until Complete
- Improve via Root Cause Analysis
Be On Purpose – Happen to Projects, do not let them happen to you!
- Act with Clarity
- Service with Integrity
- Live with Intention
Search the site
- ~ Consolidated Support Structure (Case Study)
"BCforward presented us a solution that would create a consolidated support structure designed to offer Project Management Services across numerous organizations, lowering the overall IT cost and reducing lead times for procuring project management"
- Read more case studies »